First time in the history of democratic India and autocratic CPM, a party state secretary has brought out charge sheet against their own Chief Minister.
Some of the trumped up charges are -
- V S Achuthanandan took a "unilateral stand", departing from the unanimous view of the state committee.
- The Chief Minister's mentioned the name of Vijayan on certain controversial issues, including the S N C Lavlin scam.
-The Chief Minister rebuked the state Director General of Police on the anti-piracy operation "over the head of" Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, the Home Minister.
- The party had decided to go ahead with the ADB loan. However, V S told the media that the decision was taken without informing him.
- When he was the Opposition leader, V S had pointed an accusing finger at an unnamed VIP who tried to hush up the Kiliroor sex scandal. When the LDF came to power, the UDF alleged that the VIP was P K Sreemathi, CPM leader and state Health Minister. V S did not make a statement to clear her name.
- When the donations from millionaire Faris Aboobacker to a party-run football tournament became controversial, VS had said that Aboobacker deserved contempt and the incident of receiving funds from such a person would be probed. The report said it was wrong of V S to level allegations against Faris without proof and there was nothing wrong in accepting donations from
- There is also a mention of the eruption of demonstrations by V S loyalists in protest against the state leadership's decision not to field him in the Assembly elections.
It seems the days of VS are now numbered. It would be a sad day for communist movement in kerala. VS is last of their tallest leaders.