The thoroughly reactionary varna and caste system has hounded Indian society for thousands of years. The varna and caste system was sanctified by Hindu religion and by Vedic scriptures. The worst affected by the caste system and its social oppression have been the dalits, or atishudras, or scheduled castes. The stories of Shambuka in the Ramayana and of Ekalavya in the Mahabharata are classic testimonies of the non-egalitarian nature of Hindu society in ancient India.Such Scandelous Propoganda should be exposed and resisted. This is effort of CPM to divide and rule the Hindu Society
Reservation should be extended to dalit Christians.
1. LAND REFORMS: The central and state governments must immediately set in motion a process of land reforms whereby land will be redistributed to the landless agricultural labourers and poor peasants gratis. All loopholes in the present laws must be plugged. All schemes to reverse land reform legislation and give away land to multinational corporations and big business houses should be scrapped forthwith.
2. INTERCASTE MARRIAGES: Intercaste marriages should be encouraged by giving special subsidized housing
- On one level CPM reminds us of Shambuka & Eklavaya. But it conveniently forgets that Maharshi Ved Vyas wrote the Mahabharat(which also contains the Baghavad Gita) was the son of a fisher woman ; Valmiki who composed the Ramanaya was once a highway robber and was from fisherman’s caste ; Chandragupta Maurya of the Maurya Dyanasty originates from Muria, a tribe which used to collect Peacock (Mor) feathers ; and today’s Amrita Anandamayi, who hails from Kerala’s fishermen caste. All of them were sudras. That means two of the the greatest scriptures were written by sudras, the greatest of Emperor in India was emepror. So is now one of the most reverred gurus.
- On reservation of Dalit Christians: This is really Outrageous. It was my understanding that there is no Dalits in Christianity. Christianity sought converts on the plea that it did not discriminate between believers, and hence low caste believers would loose the social stigma of their original caste. Dalits who were lured to the Christian fold to better their social, economic and educational status should rethink their move and return to their traditional cultural moorings for such benefits
- On Land Reforms: CPM should put money where there mouth is. In west Bengal, right at the moment Salem group of Indonesia,is being given 5,000 acres of Agriculture land in Molla’s home district South 24 Parganas, similiarly 1200 acre being given to Tata Motors, 250 acre had been given to car-makers Honda Motor COmpany, 297 acre to Maruti Udyog and 250 acre to Toyota to set up manufacturing units in other states.
- Intercaste Marraige: I have not seen more Hypocrisy than this. EMS Namboothiripad was the Father of CPM in India. Namboothiripad is a brahmin caste. His both Children Married other brahmins. This is same for other leaders in CPM. Every leader of CPM is calleds by his caste