Kick starting efforts to formulate a policy for the third alternative, the Communist Party of India-Marxist on Sunday laid down three essential conditions that any prospective ally must meet.
Senior Politburo member Sitaram Yechury said the party has started discussions on the third alternative and any party that wants to be part of it must:
1. Uncompromisingly oppose communal forces.
2. Oppose the anti-people economic reforms, which are against the working people and which divide the country into shining India and suffering India.
3. Oppose all efforts to try to make India a subordinate ally to United States' imperialism.
Lets start with the first Condition of Uncompromisingly oppose communal forces
1. Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam-led Democratic Progressive Alliance in TamilNadu has both IUML and CPM. In the last election, the DMK contested 130 seats, the Congress 48, the PMK 31, the CPI(M) 13, the CPI 10 and the IUML two. So its is obvious that CPM would have canvassed and Voted for IUML. and this entire alliance was supported by Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam (TMMK). Currently, TMMK was in news opposing an art show on Aurangzeb at the Lalit Kala Akademi in Chennai.
2. During Last Kerala Assembly Election, CPM was actively supported by Jamaat-E-Islami. In fact, T Arif Ali, Kerala Amir of the Jamaat-e-Islami openly issued support calls for CPM.
3. Abdul Nasser Madhani who was accused of Coimbatore Bomb Blasts is actively supported in CPM
CPM who banished Taslima Nasreen from West Bengal and banned her Book has no right to speak about "opposing" Communal Forces. In fact, under CPM Communal forces have garnered strength.
Secondly, CPM Professes their Love for Working People.
1. The love of CPM for Working People is detailed in Here "The New Feudal Lords of Kerala"
2. If that was not enough we saw the Love for Common people being Expressed in Nandigram and Singrur. Scores of Innocent people have died their, their only mistake was opposing the forceful Land Grab in the Name of "development"
3. lastly, their reaction to the Uprising in Tibet has exposed what ever little decency was left with CPM
Lastly, They donot want India to Ally with USA
1. We can understand who the first preference is for Chinese representatives in India.