Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Buddha's Jehad

This morning I was shaken by the intensity of Emotion in Buddhas speech when he said the following:-

“It is a victory of evil over good, over right-thinking people. This happens at times. Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee thundered, shaking in rage at Writers’ Buildings

Describing his fight agaiunst Evil he says, “If you want to call it a jihad, go ahead and write it. ”

I was gladdened that there is at least one politician who is taking the problems in India seriously and decided to get to the root of this so called "Axis of Evil". But Imagine my shock when I realised that its a storm in teacup. The Battle which Buddha was referring was battle over the Cricket Association of Bengal. The Axis of Evil was none other than Jagmohan Dalmiya. It seems Jagmohan Dalmiya has done what the Opposition in the state couldn’t do in the last two elections: beat a candidate handpicked by Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.

Well I will wait for another day!

No comments: