Friday, August 29, 2008

Communism good but not in CPM backyard!

The CPM claims to champion the cause of labour rights. But many employees unceremoniously chucked out from the CPM party mouthpiece in Kerala Deshabhimani, have been denied PF and gratuity they are entitled to.

Mr I.V. Babu who has worked for the daily for the past eight years was expelled recently from the daily as senior sub editor and has not received any reply, despite repeatedly asking for PF and gratuity. He says
"I was fired because I am a loyalist of the Kerala chief minister V.S. Achuthanandam. I am entitled to at least Rs 50,000 but I have not received any reply to my requests. I am consulting my advocate and will soon go to court,"
Another insider in the CPM daily said nearly 60-70 per cent of the staff are Achuthanandan loyalists and more employees could be fired if they speak against Pinarayi faction of the CPM.

CPM never believes in the policy of walk the talk. Some time back CPM owned kairali fired people while CPM was running national campaign against such acts!!!

Source

No comments: